Why Hydro Floss®?
More than half of the adults in the U.S. have some form of gum disease. Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss and has been linked to many serious health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, stroke, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. For some patients, daily brushing and flossing are simply not enough to prevent gum disease.That's where Hydro Floss® comes in...
- Oral irrigation has been clinically proven as an effective alternative to dental floss for reducing bleeding, gingival inflammation, and plaque removal.
- Hydro Floss® has been clinically proven to be nearly twice as effective as non-magnetic irrigators at removing plaque, bacteria and calculus.
- Hydro Floss® uses plain water to achieve remarkable results for a more holistic approach to oral hygiene.
- Promotes healing of bleeding gums and periodontal pockets.
- Cleans braces, bridgework, crowns and implants better than brushing and flossing alone.
- Easily cleans below the gum line where brushing and flossing cannot reach.
- Reduces inflammation of gum tissue.
- Aids in healing after dental procedures.
What makes Hydro Floss® the best choice in oral irrigation?
Oral irrigation has been proven to be an effective tool for maintaining healthy teeth and gums. The Hydro Floss® raises that level of effectiveness by combining two proven methods - oral irrigation and magnetics.
There are naturally occurring minerals in most liquids. Magnetics prevents these minerals from changing from a liquid into a solid state. When this principle is applied to an oral irrigator it interrupts the process by which plaque and calculus adhere to and accumulate on the surface of the tooth. If bacteria can't stick to the tooth, it can't cause problems.
The Hydro Floss® has been clinically proven to be twice as effective as non-magnetic irrigators at reducing plaque and calculus. One study showed that the control group using the Hydro Floss® had a 44% greater reduction in calculus volume. A second study confirmed and improved on these findings with Hydro Floss® users having 64% less calculus compared to the group using a non-magnetic irrigator.